Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Al-Qaida Sharm El Sheik Anti-Israel Chapter?

It is more than 12 hours since I blogged the first reports of today’s explosions and I guess I am not the only one with a hot phone today. “Yes love, I am all right. No dear, me in Sharm in July? Not a chance.”

Now what about the reports about Al-Qaida involvement? [BBC] Or links to last October’s blast in Taba – also Sinai -that killed 34? [CNN] The interior minister Habib al-Adli said "It is likely that they have some relationship to the Taba operation." That is the same as saying: We believe those attacks were targeting Israelis. There are plenty of Israelis in this area this week. We see a connection.

Suzi, your husband did a find job visiting the area today. Praise also to Habib Al-Adli for his patience with the CNN reporters “Is this Islam” question. Check the bewildered face of the soldier – to be or not to be in the picture that is the question, regulations vs. wish.