Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Academic Insurgence

What now Suzi, even the professors are demonstrating; first in Minya on Tuesday -- your hometown! -- then on Wednesday a hundred of Cairo’s learned men and women walked around campus with signs as well. Where will this end? Will the police in Monefeya riot? First the Khafeya liberals, then the students, then the judges, now the professors… To me it seems so uncouth to take to the streets, so dreadfully European! Then again, maybe I’m becoming outdated. You never feared you are as well? Of course not, darling. There’s no reason too, fresh as a lily as always (be sure my magnifier is over your portraits in the papers every morning to find a crow mark). Still, I am worried (not about our age) because my younger friends keeps telling me I have no idea how fed up people in this country are. True, I absolutely don’t. Do you?