Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Danger to the Babies

Suzi love,
I thought my darling computer was dying yesterday, although this baby is less than six months old. Even the best machines can cough and sneeze if you insist on stuffing them full with updates without reading the compability notes carefully. Puh! Couldn’t Windows control Windows’ updates automatically?

Thus my report from Alexandria is delayed. I know you want the details and I will give you as much as I can. Most urgently though: the Royal Jewellery Museum is “closed for restoration” since last year and nobody is expecting the gems back on display until next year. According to locals, closed for restoration means that person’s with authority are robbing the museum – just as they did when they repaired the basement of the Egyptian Antiquities Museum in Cairo. – I didn’t say that, locals did, in such convinced manners I found no reason to argue.

(Then again, most of the monarchy’s crown jewels hasn’t been found since they were confiscated by the government after the revolution, have they? Pity, they would have fitted you perfectly).