Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Friday, April 01, 2005

First Ladies Online

Look Suzi what a fabulous site: Egypt’s First Ladies -- about 12 women who in varying degrees influenced Egypt's destiny.

Lovely picture but where is your tiara? Hurry your sweet fanny down to the Royal Jewellery Museum in Alexandria and choose some queenly glitter. Adorable!

Ladies are a serious subject here. Look: “Consorts of Monogamous Egyptian Heads of State…” My italics since I’ve just learned that earlier rulers were typically not Monogamous (can hardly spell that word myself)! Instead, the ruler’s mother was the most powerful woman in the state.

Remember my letter the other day; how Nour allegedly said you were squeezing your [unmarried] son to run for office? You don’t think he was insinuating that you wanted to reinforce your own position, do you? A slap would be well served!

My maid, who never understand anything, is provoking me by saying that perhaps Gamal didn’t marry because he want to roll back the royal satin-and-silk harem, ending the office of the First Lady. Outrageous! A slap will be served.