Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Maintaining Peace and Order

Despite reports, security hasn’t increased significantly downtown or around tourist sites; there were plenty of troops before and more couldn’t have been added without signalling an outright war, thus increasing tensions in the city. The police are doing a good job; some things cannot always be hindered. I’m not so sure I approve of their methods for intelligence gathering though; 200 people have been detained. But I must admit it is probably effective, not taking the anger and fear it causes into consideration. Meanwhile, the PM is trying to calm the foreign press. Applauses also to the minister of information who had a very sound analysis right after the attack (I lost the link, sorry).