Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lady Geeka's Tag Performance

I have added a TagCloud to my sidebar that supposedly displays a weighted count of words occurring in my syndication feeds. Accurate or not, I love it anyway. Sine my lady-geeka button has been triggered; I wanted to know if Technorati is offering something similar. Surprise! Here are my alleged most recent 100 tags and their frequency, plus/minus some terms that I will never admit I actually forwarded to their engine. {smile}

Egypt 121 News 118 Terrorism 67 Politics 45 Iraq 18 Culture 17 Elections 12 Islam 12 Sharm 12 demonstration 11 sharmel-sheikh 11 War 10 Religion 9 Blogging 9 Jihad 9 Sheehan 8 Election 7 Gaza 6 Security 6 Mubarak 6 cairo 6 Life 5 CindySheehan 5 History 5 Muslim 4 Greece 4 arab 4 Health 4 Tourism 4 Egyptology 4 al-Qaeda 4 Sex 3 Rape 3 SaudiArabia 3 Crawford 3 Bush 3 Afghanistan 3 Blogs 3 Women 3 Society 3 fascism 2 FrontPage 2 Soldier 2 fashion 2 missmabrouk 2 sandmonkey 2 suicidebombing 2 Media 2 Libya 2 Humor 2 topless 2 veil 2 Africa 2 sexuality 2 AndrewSullivan 2 Internet 2 Cooking 2 bin-laden 2 SharmRelief.com 2 Crash 2 Writing 2 Saudi 2 Holiday 2 Art 2 Entertainment 2 polygamy 2 HumanRights 2 Alexandria 2 Iran 2 bigpharaoh 2 sinai 1 conservative 1 Dresscode 1 swimsuitislam 1 AnnCoulter 1 baheyya 1 antijihad 1 Shopping 1 pictureswar 1 Salon 1 alahramweekly 1 Travel 1 warmom 1 al-ahram 1 al-ahramweekly 1 IQ 1 Circumcision 1 JuanCole 1 Diana 1 harrods 1 slut 1 lgf 1 fatwa 1 Robertson 1 Guardian 1 Freshmen 1 generation 1 Starbucks 1 cloud 1 tagcloud 1

This should somehow turn into a tag cloud and I guess if you’re a developer you’ll get what I do not. Anyway, if you’ve claimed your blog on Technorati, retrieving results such as these above are fairly easy. Start here or search for links to this intro first. The URL to put in your browser will look like this: http://api.technorati.com/blogposttags?key=[your API key that you get from Technorati]&url=http://[your blog]&limit=100 The results are delivered as html on several lines, all you have to do is to run it in MS Word’s edit/replace function.

If you figure out how to make a cloud without knowing programming… please let me know. If you’re not using Technorati yet, please do. Here is a great introduction by blogger Improbulus. I’ve put the tag url’s in bloggers post edit template (settings) so all I need to do is to change the keywords in the Edit Html field before I post a new entry. This post is tagged tagging, tagcloud, technorati. A tag search on Technorati with either of these terms (or multiple with OR between) should display this message! Lady-geeka rocks!

PS: don't tell Cindy how to improve her visibility on the net.