Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Police Hospitality

According to the information the CPB has received from the EIPR, “Human Rights activists in Egypt think that by detaining Abdolkarim, State Security is protecting itself from the results of whatever trouble he may find himself in by clashing with the Islamist Fundamentalists in his neighborhood.”

How noble of them. I can’t wait for the day when they drag me out of my bed at 3 a.m. and lock me up in an unknown location for as long as they please. Hearing that it is in my own interest to be kept away from the dangerous streets will be the additional spoon of sugar in the tea I didn’t ask for but cannot refuse.