Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Windows Live is On Line

Windows Live - still in beta - is Microsoft's first step to shift all its services to the Web. Analysts said the move was prompted by competition from Google and other rivals.

My first reaction is: Isn't there a limit to how many personalized web pages that can be offered with Weather Forecasts, Horoscopes and Mail Alerts etc. etc. I for one certainly don't need another one. That said, Microsoft Live is a first step with some new features and among the gadgets one can add is photos from Flickr. I haven't tested the RSS feed reader but since Google recently put out its own Web based reader, it could be fun to watch and compare if I'm in a geek mood over the holidays. Read also PC World's reflection.