Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mutiny

Suzi my Suzi!
I should have warned you earlier in the day but my regular Thursday sleep-in makes the weekends less exhausting: Don’t read the news today!

Imagine, the security chief himself was forced to leave his office yesterday to tell the insurgents to back off! Enough of disturbances, I say, to these “Kifaya” who are claiming the streets every Wednesday. How absurd!

I escaped the mobs by pure chance! My MB got stuck in traffic jams as it left the Intercontinental. My driver were returning from the dry-cleaner (pricey perhaps but they handle certain stains like no one else). I could have been trapped in my car, surrounded by angry crowds!

I guess even better people in Cairo have to endure this weekly mutinying for the time being. But what is going on in Alexandria? And in Mansoura of all places! Do they even have 2,000 students to rally?