Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Development More Difficult than War

Why do we not plant the love for life in the younger generations and convince them that the challenge of development is as important as that of war and even more difficult?

It is acceptable for a person to die for God's sake in defense of his country, but why do we not live for God by calling for development and reminding people that the aim of a Muslim in this world is to improve the world in which he lives.

I would like to hear a single statement from the leaders of Hamas or the Islamic Jihad in Gaza, or even from one of the minor cadres concerning rebuilding, development, education, or the improvement of health care. In short, I would like to hear a statement regarding improving the living conditions of the people.

Whenever one of the leaders appears in the media, he speaks of death and martyrdom saying, "we will shake the ground under the enemy's feet". Despite the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza raising hopes for the future and for more negotiations with Israel to withdraw from the other occupied territories, the language of war, violence, and verbal defiance still prevails and is dominant in their words.

-- I didn't write that though; Ahmed Al-Rabei did. But I wanted to have said it myself and since I didn't I figured at least I can pretend I did for a minute {smile} and qoute it without the quote frame. Read his full article.