Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tech-Note: TagCloud, Linking and Pinging

I installed TagCloud Beta version in my sidebar yesterday and it is still there and I like the idea. However, don't bother clicking the links for now, the error page says the system is down for maintenance. I'm awaiting an answer before I take it off. I'd like it to work. The tags are based on words in the RSS feed. Perhaps since the system is partially down, it is not weighting words correctly. WhoLinksHere is going off, links are displayed with the wrong names. Technorati's version only generates sites that are pinging Technorati and links by Blogroller doesn't seem to show up. Experiences to share? Please let me know. Talk Digger is more fun. Ping-o-Matic is down, still, I'm using King Ping instead, for now.

Edit 250805 9:26 AM: TagCloud taken off for now; WhoLinksHere off for ever I guess; took off TLB also, sadly, would have liked it but I learned that the reason why I'm on the same level every week is because my sitemeter settings, which TLB depends on, is on a higher privacy level. Never mind, life goes on.