Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Blogger for President, Now!

If this article is influenced by the criticism by me and a couple of other bloggers or if it is just a reporter who has done good homework, I don’t know, but the report is certainly not hyping the political influence of bloggers in Egypt as previous articles did. Most interestingly: Karim at One Arab World says his blogg will turn into a political party. Blogger for President! Vote Blogger, Now!

Karim is said to be in Egypt now, to deliver the $ 3,500 collected for the families of the victims of the Sharm El-Sheikh attack. See Sharmrelief.com.

Noteworthy is also Sandmonkey’s Top 2 reasons for anonymity: "1) Because it's not safe to say the things I say on my blog, and if my identity is known I may get arrested; 2) I don't want my views to be used against my family members by their political enemies, especially since those family members are Mubarak supporters."

Alaa and his wife Manal is featured with a picture. Alaa tells how he struggled with police during a demonstration and, was almost trapped by security at a following occasion.