Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Tech-Note Aug. 19

Blogroll: My extended blogroll is finally up thanks to blogrolling - great service but I still haven't quite figured out how to use CSS to make it prettier. I guess I'll try to keep the roll to less than fifty as I can't check more blogs than that in a week. The best feature is an add-on in my IE6 linkbar that adds new blogs to the roll with a click and display my blogroll as a sidebar if I like. Trackback: I finally comprehended that trackback isn't automatic, you have to ping each site and that's too much labor for me. I'm happy to keep the feature for now, even if it the links always stands on zero. V3 Validator: Why did I even think about trying? The first check generated 248 errors of which I understood about three {smile} so I ran another check and got 306 errors. Figured I might try to check the template only: it gave me 111 errors and it wasn't for stuff that I had put in there. Toolbox: I've added some stuff most for fun but I'm also pleased to announce that I'm finally listed by Blogwise and Blogarama, it took a couple of months. Whatever. Feel Free to Link to Me: {smile} Now when I've added search for who links to me I hope someone someday likes me enough to acknowledge my humble existense... Moon: I really like the image of the current moon though. Thinking about having a larger image all over the site. Syncidation: The feed is not always consistent and the only suggestion in blogger's forum is to republish index several times. Will do.

Edit: Firefox is still hanging my blog where I left it last time I went there with the browser. The only way I find to get around it is to clear the cache. Mozilla's support sucks. Who Links To Me: Was fun when the site was working, now is another story. Will keep the link for a while though.