Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Cindy: End Occupation of New Orleans!

I read this on a Michal Moore site and after the opening paragraphs I thought it was satire... I checked the site frontpage and realized it is probably the real site... thus what I read from Cindy Sheehan must be her original... and honestly I figured it can't be true, not even Cindy is so stupid... remember I had not even finished reading the article, I just thought the first paragraphs were so bizarr. So I went on a search and after a few seconds, it turns out the whole world has reacted: Drudge linked to LGF and almost brought the site down with traffic; he then linked to Moore and really did bring the site down with traffic! Anyway, here is part of what she says:
I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I don't care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power.

I think my prediction holds: Raising Cindy to the skies will backlash on the anti-Bush/left/democrat movement. For Ms. Sheehan herself, this is just another tragedy in a long line. Go home!