Egyptian Culture Minister Farouq Husni has submitted his resignation
in the wake of the deadly theatre blaze last week that left 46 people dead and dozens injured, Aljazeera has learned. Separately, Egypt's attorney-general vowed on Wednesday to bring to justice officials responsible for a theatre blaze last week that left 46 people dead and dozens of others injured. Legal chief Maher Abd al-Wahid told said on Wednesday that "nobody is above the law". A total of 46 people perished in the fire apparently set off by lighted candles used during a performance on 5 September at a theatre in Beni Suef, south of Cairo.