Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

Check the archives too - a lot of good stuff to enjoy. Me myself? Off to new adventures in the blogosphere, if time permits.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Blogging Bonanza

CELEBRATING ANY OCCASION should be the rule of life. Today’s labor in the kitchen to produe a cake (the number to the Marriot Bakery is posted on my fridge) is in honor of the modest number of 330 blogposts. I'm still having the time of my life. Technically speaking, this is my life.

MY FAVOURITE DISCOVERY is naturally the factual but interesting site First Ladies Online but I giggled most when I found Egyptian Eye on Martha Stewart, let’s hope the author keep it online. Most recently, I’ve been baffled by the contrasts in Vet, Veiled and Topless - the picture says so much. I will always return to Peeblepie’s Adopt a Jihadi, especially on days when I can’t get my hair right.

TRASHING THE WEST has become our birth-right but we rarely feel we can afford a similar humoristic eye on the east. Thus, introducing a Muslim Women's' Guide to Religious Life felt like a proper tease. There are plenty of resources available if we seek a bewildered state of mind: the very real Jihad Travel Guide and the call Wanna Be A Martyr? are enough to spin my head around.

ON THE OTHER SIDE Seven Easy Steps to an Islamic Caliphate is based on a sincere belief by the people leading that campaign. My full respect would be due if it wasn’t for the methods employed and disrespect for the value of life. They are welcome to think the same about me since I am supporting a war although I know one cannot possible support death. (That is another topic I seek to explore). I’ve tried to explain the feelings and situation behind other peoples stand: Atta’s Father Praises London Bombs is one shot; Tragedy of a Bomber; Tragedy of a Student Bomber; Tragedy of a Student Bomber II are similar attempts. In the end, where we live do not matter, people are still the same.

DIFFERENT WORLDS on one planet: In Beaten Blogger in Baghdad I link to Khalid Jarrar who for weeks didn’t know if he would ever return home again. A small note - a Wedding Party Goes Anti-Hosni – shows how a bride and groom find themselves at a political demonstration in a country where that is not allowed. Risking a Holiday in Egypt is actually telling us there shouldn’t be a risk at all.

I ENJOYED WRITING The Terrorist-Breeding X-factor more than any other piece because I responded to an attempt from abroad to analyze this part of the world that was so bizarre. With Sex & the City -- Tehran & Islam, a response to information reviewed in Sex and the Single Minded Muslim a scholar’s work is actually important and as with the ‘Polygamy-X-Factor,’ we will eventually learn that ideas are easy to ridicule but they all to often prove to have a contributing value, once put in the right context and properly interpreted.

FROM INSIDE EGYPT analyzing the world is not easier. If the world appears to turn flat again I voice my opinion and praise the blogsphere for letting me keep an eye on media, such in Activism vs. Publishing – Again. Since you’re listening, I still doubt the innocence of The Chemist and here is why: The Chemist. Weekly Eye Part III. Writing Cairo's Exploding Vintage Toasters convinced me that too many officials are quietely pushing the ship towards the end of the world.

AS EVENTS UNFOLD I am proven right or wrong - you tell me about the balance. I’ll monitor the elections but the most important thing is already said in Says It All.

THERE IS MORE TO EGYPT and have always been: If you haven’t seen Gorgeous King Tut, then do have a look. Unwrapping Little Sherit and Nuclear Papyrus explain the legacy of the most fascinating of civilizations. In the small notes Alexander Killed by Mosquito and Church Discovered at St. Anthony's we are reminded of how little we know about so much. On occasion, insight into daily life is provided, such as the slide show Learning the Facts of Life that challenges what a foreign visitor knew about development and attitudes in this blessed nation.

GO TO TAGZANIA if you haven’t already been. Start at Best on the Net, find where I live (fingers crossed) and tag your house, advisably without tagging your rooftop with ‘Look Osama, Bush lives here.’ Finally, American flags are everywhere but you’ll be surprised to learn in To Alexandria it Once Belonged... that it was once on top of one of the most majestic monuments in the world.